Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Ghoul Inside -poem

I see it. Those eyes, that
stare.
I see the features floating in the dark.
Blood and spit
all those things dreamt up
formulated in a groan.
Sk-grwich! It grumbles
low in my belly.
It knows I hear it
can feel my insides making room
for another mouth
to bite at flesh
and cry into the dark.
Thump-ha-thump-th-thump-ha
thamp-th-thump-ha
muscles tighten in my throat
the pillow is kind enough
to gag me.
But I can't reach inside
to rip it out.
Can't starve my body
to create a corpse
to throw out the barbarian
seed
that grows off my roots
and chokes them.
Poison, colored pink and green
tumbles far into the dark
the curves of my body push
in and out and down
tensing to escape
what mistake I made
in looking the beast in the eye.

Density of spirit
Salt-soaked cotton
buries my open mouth.
The ghost is screaming
and grasping
the fragile walls of my world.
Eyes glowing, mouth locking,
the belly has had enough.
With an expulsion of blood
I dispel
and the stains 'cross my cheeks
burn into my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment