Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Maktub "it is written"

I finished reading this book I had for a while. I feel like things happen at the exact moment they are meant to happen, and that information comes when you are ready to receive it.
I read The Alchemist and I felt like Paulo Coehlo's words could not have come at a more perfect time.
He spoke of a Personal Legend, of following your dreams, speaking/listening to your heart, and learning the Language of the World.
I've begun to listen, and I want to understand the subtle world here, and the spiritual realms. I shut it off a while ago and I think it was because of some dogma...
But the Dogma is silly. All dogma is silly. There is no difference between a tree and a stone, and a human being and a dog and and ocean and a sky... Do you understand that we are all the same thing? "It has all been written by the same hand."
I believe that. I believe that all True Religions say the same thing in different ways. I believe that all the paths lead to "Heaven" (whatever that may be) and it is not which religion you practice, perhaps, but how devotionally and sincerely you practice it.
It is the heart that speaks the language of the soul... and the soul will lead you back to the source of all things.
So I want to know what was written. I want to listen to the clues I've laid for myself along this path... I want to know how to speak to God.
Everyone and everything around us wants to resonate with love. It is a Universal Desire that brings us together. I believe in all Gods, Buddha, Allah, Christ, Hashem....the endless list of names given to One God; One Source; One Universal Pulse of Life....
We are all part of that, nomatter what we believe. Whether we are people of science or religion... you may either say that it everything is energy or everything is God. You are, essentially, saying the same thing.
My beliefs go beyond religion, beyond science, and dive deep into the essence of Being and experiencing this world, and reacting to and with it.
My existence effects the course of this world. So does yours. Be responsible with your evolution.

I have no been accepted to any University, to any Conservatory, to any high-paying job here.
Yet, I feel at peace. I am learning how to live, and be responsible for myself. I am not constricted by a job which holds my "fate" in balance (as I would be for a job that gave me a Visa) and so am free to choose what I do and when I do it, and if I keep a job it is under my terms. I have the odd schedule which allows me to practice and meet up with many musicians and explore the world of music for myself, and I am teaching myself discipline because I have offered myself no other choice if I am to make my time worthwhile.

I have many desires... that will take me across the world and into strange lands and strange ways of thinking. And I will learn to accept the world as it is, and not move to change it, but to change myself. And I will give the love I channel through my music, and if one is meant to be touched by my words and my voice, then.... "maktub". it is already written.

No comments:

Post a Comment